The Official Hotel Of Softball New Brunswick
The Official Softballs of Softball New Brunswick
Softball New Brunswick is happy to have been selected as a recipient of the 2021 WISE Fund, administered by Canadian Women & Sport.
George Gillett (Hoyt, NB) is one of Softball Canada's newest Hall of Fame inductees!
For Softball Canada members wishing to become a certified coach.
Rawlings is the Official Softball and Equipment Supplier of Softball New Brunswick.
– A copy of Phase 1 of the Return to Play Protocol can be found HERE
– A copy of recommended Adult Modified Game Rules can be found HERE
– No. Parent helpers are not required to register with Softball NB as coaches, but will be asked to supply their full names and phone numbers to the clubs.
– Not necessarily. Any sanitation champion or additional assigned team personnel that is an active member of the teams bench / roster and is actively participating in a team practice/game where risk may present itself, must register with Softball NB. However, members who are simply assigned to helping with the attendance / sanitation of the equipment or facility are not required to register with Softball NB. Sanitation Champions or Additional Assigned Team Personnel must submit their names and phone numbers/emails to their clubs indicating their position on the team for the associations records.
– Softball NB is asking all associations/leagues to submit a COVID-19 Return to Play Operational Plan, as it is a requirement from GNB for businesses to carry one. Associations/Leagues may simply adopt the Softball NB Return to Play Phase 1 Operational Plan (by adding their association/leagues name to it). This protocol may be tailored to better suit your organization, but is considered the ‘minimum standard’ that must be upheld.
-Softball NB has created a Return to Play Practice Drills Coaching Development Committee dedicated to creating universal practice plans for coaches needing help getting started. These practice plans / drills are currently being finalized, and will be shared with our membership very soon.
It is important to note that we at Softball NB fully understand that during these modified practices/games there will be moments where multiple people are touching the same ball (playing catch, running a drill, etc.). It is in the nature of the game. The purpose of this document is about minimizing the number of touches on the ball as much as possible, not eliminating. For example: it is not required to sanitize a ball every time 3 or more athletes touch a ball (this is unrealistic to expect from our teams). As long as teams are ensuring the outlined return to play protocol is being followed, and they are sanitizing frequently throughout the activity, that is fine with us.
-Softball Canada has released a modified Timbits Softball program for their members, FREE! It can be found HERE
– Softball NB fully supports and understands our members concerns and decisions to not play this summer due to COVID-19 and its major health/safety risks. For information on COVID-19 membership refunds, please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to begin the process. Refunds must be requested before Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.