SOFTBALL NB MALE PROVINCIAL TEAM DEVELOPMENT CAMPS
What is the SOFTBALL NB MALE PROVINCIAL TEAM DEVELOPMENT CAMPS?
- These camps will provide Softball New Brunswick a baseline of our male athlete skill level (Pitching, Hitting, Fielding and Softball IQ) to determine if Softball NB should be sending male teams to Canadian Championships in 2021.
- As well these development camps are an opportunity for our athletes to get additional instruction from former Canadian Championship / Canada Games coaches and players.
Why are the SOFTBALL NB MALE PROVINCIAL TEAM DEVELOPMENT CAMPS being held?
- In January 2020, Softball New Brunswick implemented a Provincial Team model for male and female teams to attend Softball Canada Canadian Championships made up of the top athletes within New Brunswick – with the mandate of protecting and cooperating with our club programs.
- This model follows many other Provincial Sport Organizations pathway (ie. Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, etc.)
Who are able to attend the SOFTBALL NB MALE PROVINCIAL TEAM DEVELOPMENT CAMPS?
- Any male athlete who is a registered member of Softball New Brunswick
- If they are not currently a registered member, they can register prior to attending the Development Camp by clicking on the following link : https://softballnb.sportngin.com/register/form/904309875
- Age Categories (Based on 2021 Season)
- U12 Boys (2009/2010)
- U14 Boys (2007/2008)
- U16 Boys (2005/2006)
- U19 Men’s (2002/2003/2004)
- This is not a Provincial Team tryout, but an assessment of our male athletes skill level. No players will be cut during these 4 skill development camps.
When & Where
- Saturday, August 29th, 2020, Hoyt – George Gillett Ball Field
- U12 Boys – 12:00-2:00pm
- U14 Boys – 12:00-2:00pm
- U16 Boys – 2:30-4:30pm
- U19 Men’s – 2:30-4:30pm
- Saturday, September 12th, 2020 – Time and Location is TBD
- Saturday, September 26th, 2020 – Time and Location is TBD
- Rain date for all camps will be on Sunday (The Next Day)
Registration for the Skills Development Camps
- Players must register by clicking on the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaSH4xi7t8JXkN4pRhESyc-ADvyWAL_mpyo5DP-hZrpN7BGg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Cost for the Skills Development Camps
- $20.00, one time fee for all remaining 3 skills development camps.
- Payment can be E-transferred to email@example.com.
For any questions, please contact Hillary Pineau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Female Provincial Team Development Camp dates have been scheduled, and the time/location will be communicated with our membership shortly